Awards & Recognition
Exemplary School Status
National Lutheran School Accreditation (NLSA) names five "Exemplary" schools for 2015-2016.
During a March 18th conference call, the National Lutheran School Accreditation Commission selected five Lutheran schools in the United States for special recognition as "exemplary accredited schools". Divine Redeemer Lutheran School was one of these schools given this pretigious award.
According to a news release from LCMS School Ministry, "These schools demonstrated compliance with (NLSA) accreditation criteria that exceeded expectations related to the educational and ministry expectations that are required for accredited schools. In addition, these schools demonstrated innovative leadership through the implementation of best practices related to the academic quality and spiritual development of its students."
The leaders of these schools will now be required to intentionally share their best practices with other Lutheran schools throughout the country. "The sharing of best practices provides opportunities and ideas that have the potential to improve all schools, " according to the release.
NLSA accredits 700 Lutheran schools that have chosen to submit to vigorous self-study and evaluation. There are more than 2,200 Lutheran preschools, elementary schools and high schools in the United States.
Currently, Divine Redeemer Lutheran School is one of just 34 "exemplary" schools in the entire nation!
Individual Administrative and Teacher Awards
- Miss Terri Anderson - Physical Education - Kohl's Teacher of the Year Nominee
- Mrs. Denise Adler - Five year Old Kindergarten - Kohl's Teacher of the Year Nominee
- Mr. Michael Oldenburg (Principal-) Recipient of National Distinguished Principal Award.
- Mr. Michael Oldenburg- Distinguished Elementary Administrator Award. Awarded by Lutheran Education Association (LEA).
- Mrs. Kathy Oldenburg- (2nd Grade Teacher)- Early Childhood Educator of the Year. Awarded by the South Wisconsin District of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod
- Miss Becky Rohde- (6th Grade Teacher) Elementary Educator of the Year Award. Awarded by the South Wisconsin District of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod.
- Mr. Dale Kleba- (8th Grade Teacher) Elementary Educator of the Year Award. Awarded by the South Wisconsin District of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod.